Testing and Review of Wet and Forget by a leading consumer organisation found there was;
'No noticeable difference in cleaning performance between the cleaners tested so, consumers can safely choose based on cost per dilute litre'
Bio-Shield® 5L costs $97, including FREE NZ Delivery. It makes up 105L at a cost of just
92 cents per diluted litre.
105L fills 21 x 5L Sprayers
Wet and Forget 5L costs $99. It makes up 30L at a cost of $3.30 per diluted litre.
30L fills just 6 x 5L Sprayer
Independent lab testing of Bio-Shield®
In October 2014 Bio-Shield was tested and certified by two independent laboratories, Labtec and Hill Laboratories, to have the same active ingredient as Wet and Forget.
In November 2014 we invited Wet and Forget to substantiate their claim that Wet and Forget had better performance than Bio-Shield. Wet and Forget has not provided any evidence to substantiate their claim.
How to choose based on price.
View the Full Price Comparison Table Here
The true cost of outdoor cleaners is not how much you will pay to purchase,
That's a saving from 22% and up to 71% less cost per diluted litre than other brands compared in the
but the price per litre of diluted solution - purchase price divided by the amount of diluted solution made up.
The lower the diluted litre cost the better the value
A 5L of Bio-Shield has a higher concentration of active ingredient and the lowest diluted litre cost of the outdoor cleaners in the comparison table below.
It costs $97 and makes up 105L of full strength solution - $97 divided by 105L gives a diluted litre cost of just 92 cents diluted litre.
Price Comparison Table.
Bio-Shield® is proven to work on any exterior surface for Moss, Mould and Lichen Removal.
I have personally used Bio-Shield® for over 30 years in a demanding commercial environment on a wide range of surfaces, from cleaning concrete to Coloursteel, roofs to driveways. Bio-Shield works, we have build our reputation on it.
Bio-Shield will give a powerful, rapid kill of moss, fungal, algal and lichen growths, and can prevent re-growths. It can be used to clean any exterior surface.
For the correct application of these exterior cleaners, it is important the surface being treated is saturated and kept wet until the moss, mould and lichens are dead - in as little as 15 to 20 minutes using Bio-Shield®.
Porous surfaces such as concrete or timber will soak up the applied solution; so the 105 litres of diluted solution made with a 5 litre bottle of Bio-Shield® Concentrate provides more than sufficient coverage for a successful result in most domestic situations.
When Bio-Shield® is used on non porous or smooth surfaces such as painted weather boards or a Coloursteel roof, coverage will be greatly increased, making Bio-Shield® even more cost effective.
Benefits of using Bio-Shield®
- Safe to use and easy to apply
- Works quickly to kill and remove moss, mould and lichen, taking as little as 3 months to clean dirty
- Long-lasting protection
- Cost effective - lower cost per diluted litre than comparable cleaners with the same active ingredient
- Unconditionally Guaranteed To Work
Notes for the Price Comparison Table
- All the products listed have the same or similar active ingredient at similar diluted concentration and work well when used as directed.
- All the products listed work to clean a dirty exterior surface without the need for scrubbing or water blasting.
- Quoted purchase prices are standard retail price.
- Quoted dilution rates are given for treating concrete such as paths, driveways or roofs.
- Bio-Shield diluted litre cost includes FREE weekday delivery within New Zealand, other products listed may have added freight charges ranging from $5 to $15, increasing the diluted litre cost stated in this table.